Time to dress up taco night!
Makes: 4 servings
Time: 15–20 minutes
- 1 large tomato (or 2 small)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced chili pepper (optional)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- ¼ of a lime (for the juice)
- salt to taste
- Dice the tomato. Put it into a medium-size bowl.
- Cut the garlic clove in half, and crush it with a garlic press into the bowl of tomato.
- Chop the green pepper and add it to the bowl.
- Mince the chili pepper, add 1 teaspoon to the salsa (if you would like a little spice).
- Snip the cilantro, add 1 tablespoon and stir it into the salsa.
- Squeeze the juice from the lime quarter over the salsa.
- Add a pinch of salt and stir again.
- Taste the salsa and add more salt, lime juice, garlic, or pepper, if you’d like. Eat it right away or refrigerate for up to 1 day. Enjoy with tortilla chips!